Game Day Baked BBQ Wings
Super easy game day wings with two kings of sauces. Baked in the oven, and most of the work can be prepped a day ahead!
Write a review
- 1 Pound of Wings
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce (Store bought or home made)
- 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil
- Prep two baking pans by covering with tin foil
- Coat each pan with a drizzle of olive oil
- Put 1/2 cup of the BBQ Sauce in a bowl and add the garlic, thyme, Lemon, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix.
- Add chicken wings and let sit for 20 minutes (or refrigerate for up to 24 hours)
- Heat oven to 420 degrees
- Remove chicken wings from BBQ marinade and place on baking sheet. Ensure they are not touching each other.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip them over
- Bake for 10 more minutes
- Baste with remaining BBQ Sauce
- Turn broiler on to 450 and bake for 5 minutes until sauce is bubbling.
- Honey Garlic Sauce
- If you're into something a little more tangy, try my honey garlic sauce instead of the standard BBQ sauce!
- 1/4 Cup of Honey
- Half of a lemon (Freshly Squeezed)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed and chopped)
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Mix everything together in a bowl. No need to marinade the wings before they go in the oven (but a little salt and pepper is recommended). Simply spread this honey garlic mixture on the wings right before you switch the oven to "Broil".
The Juniper Berry http://juniperberry.ca/