A great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!
Write a review
- Leftover Mashed potatoes - Cold
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Fresh Herbs (Optional)
- Place flour in a small bowl. Place egg with milk in a seperate small bowl and mix. Add herbs if using.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a seperate small bowl.
- Form small disks with the leftover mashed potatoes. Dip in flour, then dip in the egg/milk/herb mixture
- and finally dip in the panko mixture. Be sure to cover the potato patty fully with each coating.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat (just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan).
- Pan fry the potato patties for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Herb Suggestions: I personally LOVE this recipe using fresh dill. But you can get creative and use whatever herbs your family enjoys. You can also add lemon zest and garlic powder for an extra kick!
The Juniper Berry https://juniperberry.ca/