Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Perfect side dish or appetizer for any occasion!
Write a review
- 1 Bunch of asparagus spears (washed)
- 8-10 slices of prosciutto (one slice will cover two asparagus spears)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut each slice of prosciutto into two pieces (lengthwise).
- Lay the piece of prosciutto out flat on a cutting board, and place one asparagus spear near the end of the prosciutto slice.
- Sprinkle the inside of the prosciutto slice with salt and pepper. Go easy on the salt as the prosciutto is quite salty already.
- Fold over the end of the prosciutto slice to the asparagus, and wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus in a spiral motion. There will be about an inch of asparagus poking out of each side.
- Heat oven at 350 degrees.
- Place finished asparagus spears on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the prosciutto is crisp and the asparagus is soft to the touch. Remove from oven and squeeze with fresh lemon juice, and season with fresh cracked black pepper.
On the BBQ
- Heat the bbq to roughly 350.
- Wipe the grill with a little olive oil.
- Turn off one burner and place the asparagus spears on that grill.
- Let cook for 5-10 minutes, then turn once.
- Continue cooking until the asparagus is soft and the prosciutto is crispy and tight around the asparagus. Roughly 5 more minutes.
- Squeeze with fresh lemon, and season with pepper to taste.
The Juniper Berry https://juniperberry.ca/