This is my favorite pancake recipe, because you can switch up the add in as well as the flavorings to really make this your own. On Sunday’s, I love using sweet bananas with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. But don’t be afraid to create your own!
The perfect pancake recipe that you can customize to make your own!
Write a review
- 1 Cup of Milk (with 1 tsp lemon added)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 + ¼ Tsp Baking Pwder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp White Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg (Freshly ground if possible)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract (Can use other extract of your choice, such as Almond)
- 1 Sliced Banana
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter (cooled)
Make the batter
- Using a whisk, mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Measure out the milk in a measuring cup and add the lemon. Let sit for 1 minute. Stir.
- Add the egg to the milk and whisk together.
- Add the milk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until almost combined, then add the flavorings, melted butter and banana.
- Stir everything together just until combined. Do not overmix, there will be lumps!
Cook the pancakes
- Heat 1 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tsp of oil over medium heat.
- Using a large spoon, scoop dollops of batter into the hot pan (2 Tbsp for smaller pancakes, 4 Tbsp for large pancakes)
- Let cook until small bubbles form on the top of the pancakes, then flip.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Top with butter, maple syrup, or even whipped cream and more fresh fruit!
- This recipe can easily be customized to fit the tastes of you and your family. Simply switch the bananas for another fruit of your choice, and play with the spices and extracts to make these your own! Below are some other combinations to consider.
- Chopped and Peeled Apples with Almond Extract
- Sliced Pears with Vanilla Extract
- Blueberries with Maple Extract
The Juniper Berry http://juniperberry.ca/